Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Dr. Tedjo Oedono Oepomo of Indonesia - The Palace Shaman Becomes a Christian


Currently, he is a lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine UGM, ENT Section. And congregation in the New Jerusalem Church, Yogyakarta.


Black Magic + White Magic Vs the Truth of the Keraton Shaman Family


I was born in a royal family. And my family is the family of the court shaman. Since I was little, I really admired the occult "cadigdayan" skills of the family elders.


My grandfather had very high knowledge. He can disappear in thin air. He can even be present in four different places at the same time. He is also able to cure various diseases with his supernatural powers. My uncle is also very knowledgeable.


In the palace environment, since elementary school age, I received special teachers. They teach about various religious magics and Javanese philosophy.


One of them is mysticism. I am very interested and diligent in studying these magics. Apart from my admiration for the mystery of its miracles, through this knowledge, I also want to live closer to God Almighty.


Levels of Magic


In shamanic magic and mysticism, there are four levels, namely the level of Kasantosan, Kadigdayan, Kawijayan and Kasampurnan.


Kasantosan means mastering various basic magics such as obtaining and maintaining amulets, the magic of immunity and gendam. 


Kadigdayan, in addition to mastering basic magic, also mastered higher knowledge. Like the magic of witchcraft, the magic of terawang. 


Next is kawijayan. At this level, a person will have the ability of spirit contact and transfer of spirits. 


While kasampurnan is the highest level in shamanism. That person is fused with the spirit he was following and this power was very high comparable to that spirit he was following.


To get this knowledge, it is not easy to walk and how. Various conditions and rituals must be lived with various risks.


Many died as students of shamanism and many became insane. Because of that difficulty, I considered this the true "God" way.


Becoming a Student and Teacher.


My interest in studying occult or shamanism was getting more excited and I was one of those children who was considered very talented. This is not surprising. Because since I was in the womb I have been "prayed" by both my parents and family elders with the hope, I would become a person who has a cadre or a high ability in Kabatinan.


I have mastered various knowledge since my childhood, including witchcraft, pellet magic, terawang magic, gendam magic, telepathy or syrup, immunity and others. Because of that, I became a very popular, respected and feared child in my community at that time. This is the root of the pride in a person who studies mysticism. Whether he admitted it or not, he would feel superior to other humans, and so was my situation at that time.


Apart from being a student, I'm also a teacher. I teach this mysticism to my own students. And my students are on average older than me, even some people are elderly. At that time I was still in grade 5 elementary school, but scientifically I was considered older. And this continued until I grew up and went to medical school.


Practicing Knowledge


For someone who has gained knowledge, putting his knowledge into practice is something of pride and satisfaction in itself. As a child, I practiced my witchcraft. One day I was disappointed and berated by someone who tailors clothes. Because I didn't accept this treatment, I bewitched that person.


I placed a frog in a bowl of water. Through the frog's mouth, I put a hot air balloon into its stomach with the tip of the balloon sticking out. I meditate by reading mantras while looking at the person's photo, I blow the balloon, then the frog's stomach becomes inflated. Then I tied and I removed the frog on the basin earlier. At home, the tailor suddenly swelled his stomach and felt pain. He has got my witchcraft. He was in and out of the hospital until his money ran out, but his illness was not found and did not get better. Then he went to a shaman.


The witch doctor told the tailor to come to the house of a child whom he had once berated to apologize because that little boy is a shaman. When the tailor came and apologized, it was easy for me to heal that person. I pulled the balloon from the frog and the person was healed. That's the fun.


Another magic that I also practice is gendam magic. If I want to eat durian, I don't have to buy it. I just go to the durian seller. Then I pat the man, then he will give the durians that I asked for without paying. Later when I go, the seller will be confused because some durians are missing. Then he realized that he had been tricked by using the magic of gendam. The general term is clapping.


I also have the knowledge to guess the deadline number. It remains who pays more. The dealer or the buyer. Because for me it's easy to guess the number that will come out. From here I can get a lot of money. So since I was little, I became disrespectful and belittled my parents, because I was able to use magic to earn my own money. I can even take money that parents keep in locked metal cupboards because I have tuyul-tuyul [genies]. All that remains is to order the tuyul to steal the money.


From here I should be able to realize who I was actually following. However, because I was fascinated by these magical abilities, my heart became closed, and I did not want to know who was actually behind the knowledge.


Out of the Dark Arts


By frequently practicing gendam magic and several other magics, over time the awareness arose in me. I am from a respectable family and my father is a professor at a famous college and a public figure. As a child, I felt bad about my actions. Then I left the black magic college and entered the white magic college.


In this white magic school, I must experience the release of the black magic that I have. This is the oddity, I studied at the same source, but had to let go when taking different majors.


Actually, the source of these two magics is the same, namely the world of spirits. So in certain circumstances, a person can hold both black magic and white magic. He can heal someone but also can harm someone with his witchcraft. The real difference is that the lessons in this white magic training are things of kindness, patience and perseverance.


Also things to love, nurture and hone one another among college students are highly respected. There is no show here to show off your strength or show off your prowess. Everything is used for good, for healing others. In this way, we felt more and more determined that this is God's way. In this place, I felt that I had found what I had been looking for, which was to get closer to the true God.


The way to progress from one level to the next is really difficult. To go up just one level, takes a very hard struggle and a long time, with various conditions and rituals. In this school, I came to the kawijayan level. At this level, I can chat with the spirits that I summon. I also mastered the magic of spirit transfer. That is, I can make a mad person sane or a sane person insane by sending and taking a spirit from someone. I also mastered the knowledge of spiritual clairvoyance. I can guess someone's state by looking at that person. Also the knowledge of gogoh sukmo. By sitting in meditation to the room, I can see the state and hustle of the city. And I got various knowledge so I felt really above normal humans. So I am often referred to as a psychic.


I was also nominated as a replacement for the head shaman. Here I felt increasingly like a superhuman and looking down on religion and God.


At that time, my opinion of religion is that it was just talking and talking, but nothing else. Whereas in shamanism we can get what we want with supernatural powers and it is real. I considered the god of religions to be a false god while the god I followed is a true god!


Events on the Mountain


One day the five of us agreed to hold meditation on the mountain "Selo Kemloso". It is a mountain located between Mount Merapi, Mount Turgo and Mount Plawangan in Central Java. Some days we have managed meditation and dialogue with the spirits we want. We felt very happy but also felt hungry in our stomachs. Then that night the five of us again agreed to pray to the Almighty "God", for food and drink. It was so magical, suddenly in front of us were presented five plates of rice complete with side dishes and drinks. Wow, we feel so happy. Means no need to cook, can enjoy delicious food.


Then in the morning, we came down from the mountain to go back to the city. When we arrived at a village on the slopes of a mountain, we passed a house. Looks like they had a wedding party last night. That morning, they had finished counting the plates to return them.


They were confused to find that five sets of plates and glasses were missing. They have been looking for them but couldn't find them. To our surprise, it turned out that the missing plates and glasses were exactly the same as the plates and glasses we used to eat on the mountain and there were five of them. That day, my feelings were really hit. How can the "god" that I worship and follow with great difficulty, actually "steal" food? Means "my god" is a thief. My heart was completely broken. The desire to get closer to the true and true God was misdirected.


Several successive events shook my heart deeply. One of my highly knowledgeable teachers plunged himself into the well and died. And that is a sacrifice for the knowledge he has. This uncle's death began to scratch my awareness of the path I had been taking so far. My grandfather's classmate who was also very knowledgeable, before his death his whole body rotted and his shape was like a monster. The various ailments he had healed seemed to have all stuck into his body. It was terrible. He was praying for more than one month before he could die.


I saw my grandfather's fate like that. I myself became very terrified and afraid. A person with extraordinary powers, the end of his life is very bitter. Yet these were the people I have admired the most since childhood.


So I met my teacher. Arriving at the hermitage I saw the teacher's face looking very sad. And he said that on Friday next week he would pass away. It's amazing to know the day of his death. But why is he so sad? He expressed his sadness, because he did not know what his fate would be after his death. This also makes me even more devastated. The teacher doesn't even know his fate after his death, let alone me. And when I asked the spirits who had claimed to be God's messengers, they didn't want to answer what happened after death. I felt completely cheated.


Conquered by a noodle seller


The purpose of my life was suddenly pitch black. My admiration for the elders who were highly knowledgeable fell short because of their end. And the "god" I followed actually stole food. The knowledge I have with the supernatural spirits is unable to provide answers about life after death.


The path of light that I wanted turned out to be its end leading to death. I was really frustrated. I threw away the amulets and I decided, if the true God is hard to find, then I will become an atheist, not believing in God anymore. Amid the confusion and turmoil, I cycled on a bicycle around the city with no definite purpose. Two days and two nights I was cycling to shed all the disappointments of my heart. When I arrived at a place, I stopped at a roadside noodle shop to eat boiled noodles. When the seller served the noodles, he asked, "Are you looking for the truth?"


I was very surprised by this noodle seller's question. Usually I'm the one who knows and can guess other people's problems, but why is this noodle seller even knowing the state of my heart? And when I looked at him, my knowledge could not penetrate to "see" his condition. Seen logically, this noodle seller does not have anything special. He was only an old middle-aged man, thin and of Chinese descent. Turns out he's a Christian.


At that time I didn't know that a Christian who is truly in God, in him is the Spirit of God. Witchcraft cannot penetrate him in the terawang and cannot hit him with spells.


He gave me a Bible to read. He told me that from this book I can find what I am looking for. Because I felt defeated, I accepted what he gave.


Revealed


I read and perused the book carefully. Before that I had never and was not allowed to read the Bible. It is considered an infidel book, a fake book. Now that reason makes me even more curious, why can't I read it?


After I read the Bible, I found a name that was extraordinary, namely the name of Jesus Christ. This one said, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life" (John 14:16a). So far, all I have received is a guide or a way to show the true God. And when I followed, I couldn't find that path. After being told to do this and that penance, do this and that but the road did not get brighter. Instead, it got darker and finally ended up without a definite answer.


But the person of Jesus said: I am the Way! I am the Truth! I am the Life! To me, this is an extraordinary statement. He's not pointing at anything. But He showed Himself! That is the way and the truth and eternal life.


Who is this person who dares to say that? I have never read or heard of a world figure as great as anything who dared say something like that. Who is this person whom Christians regard as God? In the past, I only heard about Jesus doing many miracles. So I called Him an Israeli witch doctor. But this time I read His story firsthand. The more I read, the more curious I became. 


Even about death, Jesus gave a definite answer, "I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in Me will live even though he is dead, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will not die forever." (John 11: 25,26).


The assurance of eternal life is for those who believe in Him. My teacher couldn't answer, the spirits I followed didn't give an answer. My grandfather and my uncle, apart from having no answers, were also very sad.


But from this gospel book, it exposes and provides answers to the needs and questions of humans who are desiring the living and true God. And the gospels reveal that Jesus is Lord. The Word of God became human. Living on earth as a man of God to express God's love for this world, express His power, and even be willing to die on the cross to atone for human sins. 


He died but not to be buried forever. But three days He rose again and ascended to heaven. And from heaven gives the Holy Spirit, namely the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself, to everyone who wants to believe in Him. 


Remarkably, this is what is called the kasampurnan level in shamanism, which is the union of the human spirit with the spirit of "God".


With that Spirit, man becomes a new creation, has God's eternal life, has eternal life, is extraordinary. It is truly complete or perfect, the union of the human spirit with the Spirit of God. And His way is so easy, which is only to believe and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. For me, this is something very precious. Two months I studied the Bible books and compared them with other mystical books. In Javanese belief, it is believed that the Queen of Justice will come.


And if someone becomes a follower of the fair queen, he will be said to be a person who is "Sekti without aji" which means magic without having to bring or have charms or amulets. If a person still relies on amulets, or holds amulets, it means that that person has not met the true Queen of Justice.


In the Gospels, it says that a person who believes in Jesus Christ will receive the Holy Spirit, namely the Spirit of God. "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God resides in him and he in God" (1 John 4:15).


So the Christian who is truly in God, the Spirit of God is in him. He does not need a talisman to ward off witchcraft and charms.


Because in a Christian who is truly in God, in him there is the Spirit of God. And no one can go against God. So it can be said that a person who believes in Jesus becomes such a person without shame. This means that Jesus is what is meant by the Queen of Justice in Javanese belief. In theory, the Bible books are more convincing to me. And I accept this truth, but still as a theory.


Asking the Spirit of Bima


As said by the noodle seller, I will find out the truth if I read the Bible books. But I can't just accept the truth of that book. Even though that's what I'm looking for. And I also don't want to ask humans anymore. Because I feel that I am constantly being raped or being cheated by people.


And one thing that I got in the college of white magic, when I asked the white spirit, he will answer. Only when asked about the end of human life or life after death, the white spirit never wants to answer or reveal the true situation.


Back then I still believed that white spirits wouldn't lie. Having reached the level of kawijayan knowledge, I was able to have a dialogue with spirits. I meditate to make contact with the spirit who calls himself the spirit of Bima. Bima is the name of a character in Javanese wayang. In mysticism, these spirits have the names of certain figures according to the spirit's power, usually the names of historical figures or puppet figures. The spirit of Bima is what I have been following and which gives me magical powers.


Two things I asked this Bima spirit. One, are the contents of the Bible true? And second, who is Jesus Christ?


The answer I got from the Spirit of Bima was:


The contents of the Bible are True. This answer is according to what is written in Ephesians 1:13 “because you have heard the word of truth, which is the gospel of your salvation." So the gospel is the word of truth.


Jesus Christ Is the Most Powerful Spirit in the World and the Hereafter.


This answer is as it is written in 1 John 4: 4b.


"For the Spirit who is in you, is greater than he that is in the world." And this is in accordance with what Jesus said as written in the Gospel of Matthew 28:18 "Jesus approached them and said, All power has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."


This answer left me unable to make excuses. Like it or not, I have to believe in the gospel and also in Jesus Christ... Because based on my experience so far the white spirit has never deceived me. And also when I read the Bible carefully, I got the truths that had been hidden from me.


The gospel is the truth from God. Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus is the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the true and living God (Father) without going through the name of Jesus Christ.


"Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14: 6, only the name of Jesus Christ is given to man by Him that man can be saved and salvation is not in anyone but in Him (Jesus), because under heaven there is no other name that is given to man by which we can be saved (Acts 4:12).


Paralyzed


After getting an answer from that spirit,  I became steady and sure. The name of Jesus is what I must follow! So I asked Bima's spirit to make contact with the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Usually, if I wanted contact with the spirits I wanted, then Bima's spirit would serve me well. If I want to meet the spirit of Nyai Roro Kidul it will be granted. With meditation on the South Coast, the spirit of Nyai Roro Kidul will appear, so that I can see and make contact with that spirit. But my request for contact with the Spirit of Jesus Christ was rejected, even hindered.


Now I can understand why Bima's spirit refused to let me have contact with the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Indeed, that spirit did not lie in giving answers to my questions. But when it comes to salvation and eternal life he refuses or even hinders a person from gaining salvation. This is the devil's trick or lie. He gives power but he keeps people from eternal salvation. As it is written in the Gospel of John 8:44 "The devil is your father. He is a murderer from the beginning and does not live in righteousness, because in him there is no truth. When he tells a lie, he is speaking of his own will, for he is a liar and the father of lies."


Because Bima's spirit prevented me from coming in contact with the Spirit of Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth and Life, I became more and more curious. This means that this spirit is not the spirit of God's messenger, as he has been confessing so far. Through the Bible I read, I came to understand that the spirits I had been talking to were dark spirits, demon spirits. And as I read in the Bible about casting out demons: "These signs will accompany those who believe: they will cast out demons for My name's sake." Mark 16:17.


So I just did, I tried to pray to drive out Bima's spirit in the name of the Lord Jesus. I said, “As written in the Bible, I cast out the spirit of Bima in the name of Lord Jesus Christ! I cast out Bima's spirit in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! Amen!


It's so magical, I felt Bima's spirit leaving my body. Like a fresh breeze comes and sweeps away the dust within me. Bima's spirit left and never came back again. I had a great peace that I had never felt.


During my time in the mystical school, I had never had such peace, on the contrary, I had more anxiety and fear inside. This is like comparing the earth to the sky.


Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


In the world of mysticism, when we get certain knowledge, we feel good. But behind that, there will be so many scary things that make the heart uneasy. There are many taboos that we shouldn't break.


If we violate then we will get hurt or die. This is the spirit of slavery. Not to mention the threat of opponents from other schools of magic. At any time, we can be attacked by other people whose knowledge is higher than us, and we can get hurt. Like my experience with a friend, when we got an assignment from our teacher to pick up an heirloom [used to perform special witchcraft] in the Madiun area. On the bus in the middle of the trip, a friend next to me suddenly vomited blood and died. That means we got hit and my friend got hit. We also canceled going to Madiun.


This causes burdens and anxiety in everyday life. That's what we get from mysticism, namely anxiety and fear. When Bima's spirit left the body, it seemed like I had a new flow of spirit. At that time I didn't know that it was the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself. But at the same time, I also felt that all the power of my knowledge had been completely paralyzed. I no longer have paranormal abilities, am no longer immune. Clairvoyance, witchcraft, and other magics have all disappeared. I became human again.


Sometimes I felt the turmoil in my mind. However, that experience of peace is not easily forgotten. It even creates new excitement to continue and still follow the path of the living and true God. That is Jesus Christ the Lord. I'm determined to follow that name.


In fact, the main and foremost human need is the safety of his soul and not magic. What is the use of someone obtaining extraordinary powers in this world, but not getting the salvation of life in the eternal realm? As written in the Gospel of Matthew 16: 26 “what is the point of a person gaining the whole world but losing his life? And what can he give in exchange for his life? "


Occultism and Christian Faith


After following God's way, I got the light from God's word.


In this world, there are only two sources of magical power, namely from God or from Satan! There is no other source. Whatever the term: black, white or gray magic can only be two sources, from the true God or from Satan! Know who you are following! "This is how we know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God." 1 John 4: 2, 3a.


Only in the Lord Jesus are we at the ultimate or perfect level. Because anyone who believes in Jesus, the Spirit of God will be united in him. Receiving God's Spirit means being born children of God. 


John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit.


The Spirit of Jesus Christ is the most powerful Spirit. Witchcraft does not work and nothing can beat it. It is also recognized by people who are in shamanism. They are unable to resist the Holy Spirit residing in Christians who are truly alive in God.


“You are from God, my children, and you have defeated the false prophets; for He that is in you, is greater than he that is in the world. ”


In this world, there are spirits whom humans wish to worship. He is the dark spirit, who deceives humans in various forms and terms. Black magic, white magic, the spirits of the dead etc. All that is actually just a manifestation of the devil to deceive people into submission and fear of the spirits of this world. And the end leads to death, namely eternal death in hell. That is the purpose of the devil to mislead humans. It's really terrible. "The thief (devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy" John 10: 10a.


"Put on the full armor of God, so that you may stand against the tricks of Satan; because our struggle is not against flesh and blood (humans), but against the rulers of this dark world, against evil spirits in the air ” Ephesians 6:11, 12.


"There is a path that people think is straight, but ends up leading to death." Proverbs 14: 12.


Those who believe in the Lord Jesus are empowered to cast out demons with all their attributes and become people who are free from the shackles of dark power. Only the name of Jesus reigns in heaven and on earth.


"Jesus approached them and said: All power has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18


"These signs will accompany those who believe: they will cast out demons in My name," Mark 16: 17a


For those of you who have been dealing with dark powers, I advise you with all humility, repent and leave your path. You're being cheated! Trust and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He will deliver you from darkness, forgive your sins and give you His eternal life, for eternal life.


"Then Jesus also said to the crowd, He said, I am the light of the world; whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but he will have the light of life."  John 6:12


"I (Jesus) came that you may have eternal life and have it in all the abundance." John 10: 10b


"If we confess our sins, then He is faithful and just, so He will forgive all our sins and cleanse us from all evil." 1 John 1: 9


"and I give them eternal life, and they will certainly not perish forever and no one will snatch them from My hand." John 10:28


For lukewarm Christians, you are soft food for the devil to play with. Be strong in God's word. "Submit to God and fight against Satan, and He will flee from you." - James 4: 7


“Get alert, stay alert! Your opponent, the Devil, walks around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Fight him with unwavering faith." 1 Peter 5: 8, 9a.


Peter answered them, "Repent and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38.


"For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Because with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. " Romans 10: 9-10.


This is my testimony. There are still many things that I did not write down here. But what is certain is that only in the person of Jesus Christ, we can achieve the goal of our faith. It is the salvation of souls in the world and the hereafter.


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment