Friday, February 12, 2021

Mehdi Dibaj - Martyred For Christ

Year 1994)


Pastor Mehdi Dibaj from Iran has been summoned to face court. At the trial, he was given the opportunity to defend himself and explain why he had converted from another religion to become a Christian. All eyes were on him when he gave his answer.


The answer is as follows, "People choose religion, but a Christian is chosen by Saidina Isa Alaihisalam. To be a Christian means to belong to Christ. He asked me to leave my old life and follow Him faithfully. Even if it means I must be hated by the world and also my body must perish. I know for sure that God Almighty is with me."


“I am in God's hands. For 45 years I have walked in the miracles of God and His grace has protected me. The God of Daniel, who protected Daniel and his friends will also be with me while in prison. God will reveal His kindness and love through the torment that I will experience."


"Of all the prophets that exist, only Rabboni Isa rose from the dead and He remains in our hearts, pass the Holy Spirit. Sirs, I put my life in His hands. For me, life is an opportunity to serve God and death is a precious opportunity to be reunited with His Majesty. "


Mehdi Dibaj and his family believe in Saidina Rabboni Isa Al-Masih and have become Christians. He translated spiritual books and spiritual radio broadcasts into Persian, which was widely used by the people in Iran. He was arrested in 1985 and accused of violating the religion he first embraced. He was sentenced to death for the 'violation'.


In Iran, newly converted Christians usually experience great pressure at the hands of Muslims. Some of them even experienced persecution, torture, and massacres. He himself had been put in a hole for two years where he was unable to extend his leg. Often he had cramps in parts of his body. While he was imprisoned, his wife was forced to marry a believer of "another religion."


When Dibaj flatly refused to renounce his faith, he was sentenced to death. One month later he was released due to pressure from the international side. Sometime after being released, he was found dead in the garden. It is believed that the incident was carried out by a leader of 'other religions' who was displeased with Brother Mehdi Dibaj.


When Mehdi Dibaj was imprisoned, his four children were raised by a priest named Mohammed Ravanbakhsh. Two years after Dibaj's death, Ravanbakhsh also became a martyr. He was hanged on a tree in the forest near Ghaem-Shahr. Despite losing his father, the four children still believe in Saidina Rabboni Isa.


The name Sayyidina is of Arabic origin and means "Friend of God, Gift of God, One who sits at God's right hand."

It is not you who chose me, But I chose you. John 15:16


Philippians 3:7-8 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8 Yes doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.


[Source: http://pedson.blogspot.com/2008/01/muslim-masuk-kristen-mehdi-dibaj-th1994.html]

1 comment: